New England Conference for Gifted Education and Talent Development
The 2015 New England Conference on Gifted Education and Talent Development (NECGT) October 22-24, 2015 'Great Expectations - Beyond the Standards: Developing Advanced Thinkers' highlights the relationship between the Common Core State Standards and Advanced Thinking.
Our youth will inherit a world that is in need of their energy and service to a greater degree than ever before, and the recognition and preparation of our children is critical. We would like participants to leave this conference with a renewed vigor, new tools, strategies, and information that they will be excited to put into action, with lasting results.
Pre-Conference Leadership Event Thursday, October 22
'Meeting the Needs of Your Gifted and High-Ability Learners
on a Tight Budget'
Keynote on Friday, October 23
'Ignite Learning with a Growth Mindset'
Janna Peskett, Director, Digital Content and Curriculum Design, Mindset Works
Signature Series on Friday, October 23
Dr. Sally Reis, Dr. Joe Renzulli, Dr. Joyce VanTassel Baska and Dr. Sandra Kaplan
Mini-Keynotes on Saturday, October 24
'Advocacy for Gifted Children'
Dr. Del Siegle, Head of the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Connecticut, and Past-President of NAGC
'Creative Thinking: A Path to Happiness and Deeper Learning'
Kathryn Haydon & Jane Harvey, co-authors of Creativity for Everybody
Mini-Minds In Motion™ on Saturday, October 24
Hidden Life and the Cell, Yoga Moves, Geocaching and more!
Crowne Plaza Cromwell Hotel
Conference Registration Costs
Register by October 15: $200 for Friday or Saturday, or $375 for both days
Thursday's Pre-conference Leadership Event is $100
Hosted by The Connecticut Association for the Gifted
Co-sponsored by Connecticut Association of Boards of Education (CABE) www.cabe.org
Beacon School - www.beacon-ct.org/
Talcott Mountain Academy - www.talcottacademy.org/
Talcott Mountain Science Center - www.tmsc.org/
Summer Institute for the Gifted - www.giftedstudy.org
The Westport Day School - http://westportdayschool.org/
With Support From
Beacon Self-Directed Learning - http://www.beaconlearning.org/
Independent Investigation Method - www.iimresearch.com
Virtual Learning Academy Charter School - www.VLACS.org
Camp Invention - www.campinvention.org
Sponsors and Exhibitors, download the Sponsor-Exhibitor Agreement, below.
To volunteer or for more information contact: Bonnie O'Regan, Conference Chair at NECGT2015@ctgifted.org.
- NECGT 2015 Parents Packages (2015NECGTParentPackages.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 Sponsor-Exhibitor Agreement (2015-NECGT-SPONSOR-EXHIBITOR-AGREEMENT-Final.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 Sponsorship Packages (NECGT-2015-Sponsorship-Packages_001.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 for Parents (NECGT2015Parents.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 Pre Conference Leadership Event (Pre-Conference-Leadership-Event-2.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 Flyer (NECGT-2015-flyer-updated.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 for Teachers and Administrators (NECGT2015Teachers.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 for School Counselors, Psychologists and Social Workers (NECGT2015Counselors.pdf)
- NECGT 2015 for BOE's and Superintendents (NECGT2015BOE.pdf)